AWS April 2016 Webinar Series – Migrating your Databases to Aurora
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL-compatible database engine that combines the speed and availability of high-end commercial databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. Migrating to Amazon Aurora from other database engine can help boost performance, reliability and availability of your databases while substantially reducing the total cost of ownership (TCO).
This webinar will introduce you to Amazon Aurora and focus on different options available for migration from your existing commercial and open source databases to Amazon Aurora. We will walk you through the entire process of migrating your existing databases to Amazon Aurora using AWS Database Migration Service
• Learn about Amazon Aurora
• How Amazon Aurora performance, reliability availability compare to open source and commercial databases
• Key aspects of database migration
• Options available to migrate MySQL Databases from on-premises, EC2 and RDS to Amazon Aurora
• How to migrate Open Source and Commercial databases to Amazon Aurora using AWS Database Migration Service