Using Big Data and social analytics to know your customer
In this edition of HPE Business Insights Studio, John Jeremiah, Software Digital Research team lead at Hewlett Packard Enterprise, sits down with Sarah Austin, founder and CEO of Broad Listening and CodingFTW, and Marsha Collier, author of The Ultimate Online Customer Service Guide: How to Connect with Your Customers To Sell More, among many other books.
Social media not only generates massive amounts of Big Data, but when used intelligently, it can predict behavior patterns and help you know your customers, according to our guests. Hear their advice on how businesses and consumers can use social media to gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Breaking down the discussion
John, Sarah, and Marsha discuss the following topics:
• Using social media and Big Data to understand your customer (0:30)
• Misleading demographics (1:47)
• Social channels to listen to (2:23)
• Privacy concerns in social media (4:15)
• Psychographics versus demographics (6:47)
• Transparency in the collection of data (7:09)
• Tips for success in social media (8:38)
Get more from HPE Business Insights
For more videos, find us at http://www.hpe.com/business/insights.
To receive the HPE Business Insights eZine directly to your email, please subscribe here: http://hpsw.co/Xa53LtD.